Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Monday, August 09, 2004

A Great Weekend

We had a quite a busy weekend! Mary Ann, Wesley and I went to Charleston on Saturday. We explored the old section of the town and had lunch at a seafood restaurant called The Noisy Oyster. After that we headed to the beach, on Isle of Palms. The weather was perfect- about 85 degrees and not as humid as it has been for the past 3 weeks I've been here! In the evening, we returned to Columbia and took side routes to see some of the rural parts of South Carolina. It's a beautiful state, with almost endless pine trees and palm trees. Kind of a strange combination.

Then, on Sunday, we spent the better part of the day at Palmetto Palms, a new waterpark on the post here at Fort Jackson. After sitting out in the sun we took a short drive around Columbia and explored the town.

It's hard to believe I have just a couple days left here. Today (Monday) and tomorrow will be in class, and then on Wednesday I head home after outprocessing in the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home