Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Thursday, June 28, 2007

We're Gonna Try


This picture was taken from the air last night. As you can see, it was hard to see anything. In fact, if I didn't tell you this was taken from a helicopter, you might never even guess I was up in the air.

It was bad weather yesterday. As we were getting ready to take off, I was speaking to one of the crew, and I asked "Do you think we'll be able to fly in this weather?" His response was "We're gonna try!"

Hmm... and his statement didn't bother me. I guess that's the faith thing. It worked out fine (obviously, since I'm writing this). The men and women flying our helicopters are incredibly professional and do an amazing job. I personally really appreciate them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home