Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Training

Well, yesterday was my last day "in the office" at Church of the Cross for a while. This weekend I will be leading worship, but today we are headed to Minnesota for a wedding and will return on Saturday.

So what's next? Home station training. We will spend much of the next two weeks at Fort Des Moines, working on PT (physical training), WTT (i.e., basic Army skills), Unit Ministry Team skills, and a variety of other training to get prepared for deployment. We will also be packing and checking on details we may have missed over the past couple of months.

Some have asked about my unit: I am in a two person unit called the 118th Chaplain Detachment. It is just myself, and my chaplain assistant. This is a unique unit because of its size, but also because it makes us readily deployable to wherever we are needed. I don't think I will find out where we will be headed until I get to Kuwait. It's interesting to be going into this without knowing, and it helps us to remain focused on just getting prepared for any situation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris... ran into your blog and see you are deploying. Blessings on your ministry! Stay safe and take good care of your assistant.

Another Army Chaplain,
Scott Hagen
scott.t.hagen@us.army.mil

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home