Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Getting promoted

I found out earlier this week that I've been selected for promotion to captain. It was exciting to find out, even though the promotion from 1st Lieutenant to Captain is almost automatic. Nevertheless, it's a sign to me of my Army career progressing, and it was exciting since it will be my first promotion (chaplains enter the Army Reserve as 1st Lieutenants instead of 2nd Lieutenants; they give us credit, essentially, for our extra graduate school work).

I'm not sure when I will actually receive the promotion. Once you're selected, they put out orders for the actual promotion. Since this is my first promotion, I don't know if that is something that will take a couple of weeks or a few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home