Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Saturday, September 30, 2006

A man on the road

I have no idea who this guy is. But when I was taking a picture from the Humvee, we just happened to pass him. What breaks my heart is that life in Iraq is very difficult for people, and to be disabled in any way would be that much more difficult.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
Wow...you are a strong person and I look up to you and all of the soldiers who are in an environment most of us can't fathom.
I appreciate everything you are doing and miss you terribly.
Love,

Margit-your cool sis (ok, your only one too)

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via Blogger's updated feature on its home page. I've only read this post thus far, but I must say this is interesting, seeing things from the perspective of a non-combatant in a combat zone. I was wondering, your Blogger ID says, "Christian." What denomination are you, out of strict curiosity? I'll be checking back! Stay safe!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a Lutheran pastor.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have been together for almost seven years now and your compassion for others has grown so much. I see it in this picture and I read it in the words you write.

I am so proud of you.

And I love you. And I miss you more than words can express.

M

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home