Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Right Road


Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road. Dag Hammarskjold

I've had a few Hammarskjold quotes on my blog lately. I think this one is appropriate. It's so easy to get caught up into the busyness of life- of all the small, day-to-day decisions, that we don't always think about the big pictures.

But the right road, as Hammarskjold talks about, requires we focus on the horizon. Specifically, we need to focus our eyes on Christ, and ask where He would have us go. It's only when we get fearful of the individual steps, and take our eyes off the prize, that we begin to stumble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home