Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Monday, April 09, 2007

It's Cold

Well, I'm home on R&R right now! I've been able to attend a couple hockey games already (whoo hoo!), and plan to go to a Minnesota Twins game this weekend.

It's great, aside from the fact that the US is getting bitterly and abnormally cold weather right now. That's ok... I'll be suffering 100+ degree weather this summer, so this is fine.

However, in the spirit of the cold Midwestern weather, here is an article written by a Professor of Meteorology from MIT. Here is the link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17997788/site/newsweek/

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to have you back for a couple of week Chris! It was great to see you and your family in church Easter Sunday. I enjoy reading your blog no matter where you are!! Enjoy your time here in the states and have a safe trip back!

P.Link

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, welcome home! I'm glad you made it back safe and sound (as I am for every member of our Armed Forces that comes back in one piece). May you enjoy your time off and Godspeed!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chris:

It's been cold the past couple of weeks. However, the winter overall was quite mild. This was my first winter in Minnesota in seven years and my last.

There is an excellent article on global warming in the current issue of Atlantic Magazine. It appears that Minnesota, and the Northern Hemisphere in general would benefit from global warming. The equatorial regions would become drier and hotter. If you like, I will save the article for you for this weekend when you're here.

Love, Dad

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fabulous to see you at church, Sunday! After the video you prepared for the sunday school kids, my three year old thinks your a movie star! To see you 'live' was a treat for her. I'm sure your family feels much the same way!
Enjoy & Godspeed.
The Hasenwinkels

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home