Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Images



These pictures are taken in the moments after a car bomb near us. The bridge seen in this picture is the 14th of July Bridge. Apache helicopters are circling, and the Iraqi Police have blocked off the road by us.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After viewing these pictures and others we see on the TV daily I understand or can see the terror not only the military personal experience but also the local residents whenever one of these bombs go off. Terror is part of War... no getting around it. It is a part of life in Irac. The people probably do not know any other way of life. Sad.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After viewing these pictures and others we see on the TV daily I understand or can see the terror not only the military personal experience but also the local residents whenever one of these bombs go off. Terror is part of War... no getting around it. It is a part of life in Irac. The people probably do not know any other way of life. Sad.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!!

Those pictures are AWESOME, but TERRIFYING!! I'm glad you are getting a little R&R (sort of)! I'm sure it helps the morale tremendously. I miss you and pray for you all the time!

Love you!

Mom

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I agree with your mom. Those pics are incredible! I love looking at pics from Iraq! :-)

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home