Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Friday, March 16, 2007

Pop Quiz

Guess who said this, in support war with Iraq, in October 2002?

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." -- October 10, 2002

I'll post the answer in my comments section!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

The answer is Hillary Clinton.

Check this article for more such quotes:

http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!! Can't believe I got that one right!! Definitely an "open mouth - insert foot" moment.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but that was before she was running for president (oh wait, I think she has always been running for president)--back in a time when her opinion didn't matter, or when she didn't need to be politically correct. So this quote doesn't count as far as the left is concerned.

PAGGS

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is pretty interesting. I'm not too clued up on American politics, but I've been following it a little.
It sounds to me, as if this quote of hers, is kind of contradictory to what we've been hearing from her or her side of politics before.
I really enjoyed reading some of those qoutes. Thanks!
All the best! :-)

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess since Saddam is gone, we are safe now.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home