Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Free to Speak?

Now, apparently, even liberal Congressman are getting punished for saying anything good about the war (see this article). It's unfortunate that we can't have more honest discourse about the surge and the extent to which we are, or aren't, seeing progress.

Here is the full link on the article: http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010562

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chaplain

I'm working on my Masters right now, will be done in 09. I am seriously considering joining the army chaplain corp, and wanted to thank you for all your posts. I feel like I can say I have a much better perspective of what life will be like as an Army Chaplain. Thanks for allowing me a glimpse into this world. I appreciate your service for King Jesus, and for our country. God Bless

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chaplin! Glad your back! I pray tese wars will end soon.
As a new Christian, (sometimes not a very good one,)and an AF Vet, I have a few Basic questions.
Paul say "If your enemy is hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them a drink. To do this is to heap hot coals on there forehead" The poblem for the people fighting in the wars, is that woukd giving aid and comfort to the enemy, which is a court-marsalable offense, and maybe treason.
How do you suggest one poceeds?
If everyone in iraq did that, OUR side would put them all in jail.
But taking that chance MIGHT be the ticket to peace over there..
You've been there. What do you think?
Christ does tell us to love our enemies. Funny, doing so, and doing actions to prove it, might convert enemies to freinds. Yes I know that being willing to die IS an act of love, for our freinds.
This is pretty basic stuff, and I may not know what I'm talking about.
I've got more to say, but I'll close soon, as it's getting long.

remember - MOST of the "Liberals" don't hate the troops, they would rather have you ALL home in one piece. The "conservatives may tell otherwise.

Love;

Dave

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
What's your take on Petraeus' report? I'd be interested to hear your perspective. Don't worry, I don't find the blog less boring now that you're at home ;-) Take care!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home