Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Monday, August 06, 2007

Back in the States

Well, I'm sitting here in the Philadelphia airport, after a long nights of flights from Kuwait to the US via Germany. It's hard to believe I'm here.

We were welcomed at Fort Dix, New Jersey by a group of USO volunteers and Vietnam Vets. As one man spoke, it occurred to me for the first time that I'm a veteran now.

It's not like I didn't know it before, but as he spoke, I realized I was part of that group. It is an odd feeling.

Most of all I just feel incredibly blessed to be back here. I am enjoying seeing Americans walking around, as well as all the green outdoors, as we drove from Fort Dix to the Philadelphia Airport. I also saw Lincoln Financial Field, where the Eagles play, and it reminded me that football season is just around the corner. It's really good to be back in the States.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God you are back and SAFE!!

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another prayer answered ...Welcome Home Chris!

Love,
Diane

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy you are home!!! (or close to home!!). I cant wait to see you!!!

Love you,

Mom

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Comrade.

Paul

5:45 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Welcome back Padre. Thanks for going and serving. Thanks especially for posting and maintaining your blog; I really enjoyed reading it.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Chris!! So good to know that you're state-side & safe.
It'll be so good to see you!
God Bless!
The Bittners

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great to hear you are back on US soil. So proud of your service, and look forward to seeing you in person.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Welcome home. I have appreciated your blog so much as I prepare to become a chaplain. I pray that God richly blesses you as you transition back into the pastorate.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Shane Vander Hart said...

Welcome back! It'll be even better to have you back in Iowa.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I'm glad to hear that you've arrived back home safely. Enjoy the time getting back to normal with your family. I hope the transition is smooth. May God keep you in the palm of his hand, and may he bless you abundantly for the hard work you did here tending his flock.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home