Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Monday, June 05, 2006

Thanks to LCC!

Tonight was the 9th annual Jammin' For Jesus outdoor concert/festival at Lutheran Church of the Cross. It was also my last day in worship, in an official capacity, until I return from deployment.

With that said, I want to thank everyone at Lutheran Church of the Cross for the last five years, which have been an incredible blessing to me. I also appreciate the amazing amount of support that has been offered to my family and I over the weeks running up to now. I will miss you all while I am deployed, and can't wait to see you when I get back.

I also want to thank LCC for the open house held for me on Saturday night. There were folks that worked on organizing it- you know who you are- but I won't write your names in this public postings since I didn't ask your permission. But to those that hosted, planned, cooked, and did all of the other things to make it happen: thank you!

A lot of people have asked about this blog, and how it works. First of all, you can read my postings- which you know if you're reading this. But you can also leave comments; below each post is a place to make a comment. I look forward to hearing from everyone, and am eager to keep in touch with you as I walk through this deployment!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark True said...

Chris,

We didn't get a chance to sing your book on Saturday night or at Jammin' but want to let you know that you're in our family's prayers and will be for the duration. We can't wait to get you back, and we'll be reading faithfully of your adventures doing God's work in a place that really needs it.

Peace,
Mark T. and the fam

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home