Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Photos from Praise Night




Here are a few pictures from the Interfaith praise night, which I tried unsuccessfully to upload last night. One is a picture of me during the annoucements, the other is the combined praise choir.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW--could you have posed that picture any better? It looks like YOU are wearing that crown!!

I am glad you posted these pics, though. The only real image I had of combat worship comes from M*A*S*H--I was surprised to see pews and a platform, and that sort of stuff. Real up-town!

Also, nice to see that at least 2 people were present while you preached--however, from the pic you can't tell if they are paying attention or sleeping--probably reminds you of back home, doesn't it?

We love you, Chris! You and your soldiers are ALWAYS in our prayers!

Paul

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, A fellow I work with, yesterday related a statement he heard concerning a directive supposedly given to Chaplains in the armed forces. He said you fellows have been ordered to not use the name of Jesus in your services so as to not offend people of other faiths. I would hope this is not true. Can you speak to this? This guy has been known to get information from various "unknown" sources. Rick J

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home