Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Visiting Soldiers


Today I went out to visit some of my Soldiers at an Iraqi Army Base. We have MiTT teams which are tasked with training Iraqi Soldiers, and I was visiting some of our Soldiers on one of those teams.

A typical visit includes a worship service of course, but also just spending time with Soldiers and being available to talk, if they need.

I enjoy traveling by helicopter. I know I've said it before in other posts, but no matter how much I fly, there is something amazing about looking at Baghdad from the air, but flying low enough to really be able to see things. I've a picture of me standing with the Sadr City area of Baghdad in the background.

5 Comments:

Blogger sarah cool said...

Wow - I just stumbled on this blog, and I'm sure glad I did!! Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to tell you I am a little jealous that you have been able to travel via helicopter--since it's about the only flying object I haven't been in (and Gina has!--go figure!). But, I am not jealous enough (yet) to volunteer to join you! ;o)

I remember from traveling with you Chris that you aren't necessarily scared to fly--just scared to crash. Has any of that changed for you?

It's great to see another picture of you smiling and enjoying life. We miss you and pray for you ALWAYS! Take care, be safe, and keep sharing Jesus with your men!

Paul

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chris, This is my 2nd attempt to get this accomplished. I am techno stupid! Just wanted you to know I check this site and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Lisa D.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Chris, I have studied this picture in great detail. I have blown it up until it's almost the size of the wall. And, I have concluded that the square thing your left elbow is pointing towards must be...

The camo'd hot tub.

Paul

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

Arnold and I send prayers and hugs to you and the troops. We look forward to every posting. It makes us feel closer to you and it brings a different perspective of the war into our home.

The Lord Bless and Keep You as you continue to minister to everyone here and there.

Carla

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home