Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Uniform Quiz


Here's a picture of me sitting in a helicopter a couple of days ago. It was blazing hot and we were waiting to take off.
If you look at my uniform, there is something blatantly wrong, that I didn't notice until later. Can anyone figure out what the problem is? The first one to figure it out wins nothing but the pride of attention to detail.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll give it a shot. Since I have no idea what uniforms are supposed to look like...how about that yellow-green thing hanging on your chest...no...?? Hmmm...

Love you and miss you very much!!!

Mom

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm ... should your sleeve cuffs be closed?

- Kevin

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

American Flag on left sleeve---should be worn with the field of stars to the front and stripes flowing back as if you were running quickly and it was tethered like a normal flag would be...or just put it on the other arm. I've never worn ACUs--just AF flight suit/BDUs.

-Raven

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this guy knows what he's talking about, but is it that your flag patch is reversed on your left shoulder instead of your right?

If not, I would guess that the only thing wrong with the picture is that you like the Badgers instead of the Gophers.

Dan

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say the flag, too (besides the fact it's kinda small (is it not the standard issue size or is that me being too critical?)). Also, I don't see any unit isgnia on your uniform sleeve, although not being in the military I don't know if chaplains are assigned to units.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Okay, I give...Gregg and I have studied it and have no idea!!! Please tell us so I can get on with my life!!

How about the earplugs?????

Love you!!!!!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The american flag is backwards, should never fly to the front as if you are retreating, should always fly to the rear as in moving foward.

I know, you posted the answer already, but I haven't looked yet.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Tim Taylor said...

The flag patch should be on the right sleeve and your Division Patch should be on your left sleeve.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home