Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Monday, August 08, 2005

Heading Back to Camp

Well, it’s just about time to head back to Fort Jackson for the last module (phase) of my Chaplain Officer Basic Course (CHOBC). Last year I created this blog to keep family and friends up-to-date on my training. In the meantime, I haven’t posted much, but what I have posted has mainly been related to politics, sports and current news.

Over the next few weeks, I will spend time in a variety of setting, including morning physical fitness training, classroom work, and some time out in the field. On August 19th, I will take my final Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) which tests our ability to do push-ups, sit-ups and run two miles. I have passed it three times already, but please keep me in your prayers on that day. Passing this test is mandatory, and if I fail, I’ll be heading home early! I am confident, however, that I will do fine, so long as I stay healthy and don’t get injured before then!

I’m excited to go. I will miss my family and everyone at church, but I’m also excited for the training that lies ahead. I have enjoyed my previous time at CHOBC and I suspect this time will be no different.

I’m also looking forward to having the weekends off. Last fall I took advantage of the time off to visit some other parts of South Carolina, including Charleston, which is an incredible town. I’ll probably visit there next weekend, and I’ll post some pictures if I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home