Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Friday, August 19, 2005

I passed

I passed! Our final Army Physical Fitness Test was this morning. I did 52 push ups, 58 sit ups and ran the two miles in 15:38 seconds. I am not a super-athlete and will never win any competitions, but it was well above the Army standards I needed to pass (Chaplains have the same standards for physical fitness as the rest of the Army- we all take the same test and have the same minimums, etc.). What I feel good about is that I believe I have room to improve. If I continue to work on my cardio fitness over the next couple months I should improve on all three areas. I still have to remind myself that I had major back surgery less than three years ago.

The weather was interesting… we took the test at 0430, and it was around 80 degrees, with humidity at 93% (according to the Weather Channel web site). To those of you in Iowa: remind me not to complain about the weather any more. I still believe that I will retire to Duluth, Minnesota some day. But this is a beautiful state, and I think that no matter where you live, there are weather issues to complain about; those of you in the military, or retired from the military, know that complaining is part of life in the Army!

This should be a good weekend leading into a busy week in the field next week. Honestly, I wish I could be in worship at Church of the Cross this weekend. I miss it. I know there are a couple of LCMC churches here in South Carolina, but I don’t know that I’ll have time to get to them this weekend, since we have a platoon event in Augusta, Georgia this weekend. I think both churches are about 1-2 hours away.

Thanks to those of you that have been praying for me. You are in my prayers too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home