Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ready to Go

Well, I’m leaving for CHOBC late tonight/early tomorrow. My plan is to get a little sleep, and then leave around 3am. I don’t like driving at night much, so I’d rather have darkness at the beginning of the trip than near the end of the drive.

I’ll drive to Knoxville for the first leg. It should be about 14 hours, which isn’t too bad if I leave that early. It will give me time to get into Knoxville, grab some dinner and get to bed early.

I’ll keep everyone up to date on the training. I’m going with both excitement, but also an understanding that when this training is finished, there is a very real (likely) possibility that I will be mobilized overseas sometime in the next year. I don’t relish the thought of being away from my family, yet this is what I signed up for, and I’ll gladly serve.

If you're interesting in seeing the home page for the United States Army Chaplain Center and School, go to: www.usachcs.army.mil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home