Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I have received a bunch of emails, and with limited Internet time right now, I just want to thank everyone who wrote me, and I pray for God to bless you during this holiday.

Now, a few things I am thankful for:

-My family
-A warm shower this morning
-The Badgers football team is 11-1 and beat the Gophers and Hawkeyes this year, the hockey team is the defending National Champs, and the basketball team is undefeated and ranked 7 in the polls.
-My Soldiers are leaving to go home, with a job well done
-That next year I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family in Minnesota
-My nation, which is the best place on earth
-The love and grace of God, which is why I'm here in Iraq

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanskgiving Chris,

I'm Thankful my son Matt is back from Iraq safe and sound and will enjoy football and turkey with our family this year. I'm also Thankful that the year he was there that he had support from a Chaplain to help him deal with the saddness and lonliness of being away. I know you are bringing comfort to the soldiers and parents of those you serve.
Chris, I'm also thankful for the pride and joy you give your Father... both of them.

Love,
Diane

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Chris. We love and miss you a lot!
We are happy to have MA and Wes up here with us.

Love,

Margs

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chaplain Christian,

I send you my most sincere Thanksgiving best wishes and my most profound gratitude for all you are doing on behalf of the nation and for our wonderful soldiers while you are all deployed in harm's way. I will miss your regular postings while changes are underway, but will keep you in my prayers as I stay tuned for your next post. My gratitude to your family too for their sacrifice in this year of deployment. We are such a lucky nation!!

God bless you and keep you safe.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Chris!!!

We will miss you terribly!! MA and Dubs say HELLO!!! We love you!!!!!!

Love,

Mom

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I don't know if that message got across in the bad phone connection today. We tried to call back multiple times and got static and a message in Arabic that didn't sound too promising.

We love you and miss you. Wish you could be here with us in Minnesota.

M & W

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris--now that the holiday weekend is over, I want to tell you that you, your mission and the mission of the guys you serve was a topic of Thanksgiving for our family. You continue to be in our prayers. As always, and without waivering, we are here for you on the homefront. We miss you and we love you. We are so looking forward to seeing you when you return. Things aren't the same without you here!!

God Bless--

Paul

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home