Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A view from the air




Here are few pictures taken from the air as I flew to another base yesterday. The top picture is a view as the sun is beginning to set. The bottom one is a grove of Date Palm Trees, taken as the helicopter is taken a sharp turn and I am looking pretty much straight down.

I have to admit that flying in a helicopter is one of my favorite things to do. They really are amazing machines, and it offers an incredible view of the area, hoping from place to place.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris!

Right now it is after 2am Baghdad time and you are in a different year than me; weird :)
This time next year you will hopefully be with us, your family.
We miss you and as always, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,

Margit

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello sir,
i am the wife of a new army chaplain who is set to deploy to ramadi at the beginning of the year. as i read about ramadi i cannot help but wonder about his safety. can you give me an idea of some situations he might be in as a chaplain? i know he/we are exactly where we should be and that anything that happens will be god's goodness for us. however, as a wife and mother fear is often present in my heart. i don't want to be spared the details, i would like to know how to pray for him and his unit.
in christ

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home