Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Tough time in Iraq

Many of you have heard the news that it has been a tough few days here in Iraq. Lots of Shia Muslims were killed in Sadr City, and they retaliated with some horribly brutal stuff toward the Sunnis. In addition, we have seen stuff come our way as well. We just got off of commo blackout, which was tough for Soldiers on Thanksgiving. (we are put on commo blackout- meaning we can't call home or use the Internet, whenever a Soldier is killed on our base) I also grieve deeply for families that lost Soldiers on Thanksgiving. It is never easy, I know, to lose a loved one, but how much worse on a day like Thanksgiving.

I am thankful to see my current Soldiers on their way out, and prepare for yet a new mission here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am certain you are praying there as are many including myself at home that cooler heads will prevail and that this viscious cycle of violence will stop. They have so much to lose as they stand on the brink of a bright new destiny or a dark evil abyss. We must all pray for Iraq's future and our service people's safety, in this difficult circumstance.

Thank-you Chaplain Chris for all you do; God bless your every effort.

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

I'm so sorry for what you are going through.While I know you have incredible strength and courage ,I also know it's painful for you to witness atrocities and deal with so much sorrow.

Love,
Diane

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Chris,
You know what I wonder sometimes, who helps the chaplains in times of pain and grief? I am hoping your support system there is strong and helping you. I will continue to pray for you to have the strength and courage to forge on in all the tough times. Rachelle and I think about you a lot especially during the holiday months.

Stay safe!! Go Vikings!!

Scott

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continued prayers being offered up for all involved within this conflict. Thank you beyond words for what you are doing for us and for all those you touch on a daily basis. God Bless, Tracy

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home