Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Worth the Wait

Well, I'm finally back in Iraq after my R&R. I flew from the States Sunday and arrived in Kuwait Monday, but I didn't get to Iraq until today (Thursday), because of weather (massive sandstorm, plus thunderstorms), mainly. However, it ended up being worth the wait. We flew into Iraq in a C-130. This time, however, I got to sit in the cockpit on this flight. It was amazing. Coming down fast into Baghdad, seeing the takeoff and landing from the cockpit, learning about the navigation systems, etc., really was pretty incredible.

However.... because of missed and delayed flights, I haven't slept more than a few minutes here and there since Monday. So.... I'll keep the blog short today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're back in Iraq. I'm sure you are too. I hope you get some good rest in. :-)

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home