Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Olympic Solitude

This picture is taken at the FOB (Forward Operating Base) I visited yesterday for a worship service. The FOB includes part of the old Iraqi Olympic Training Complex. Some of you may know that this was a site of misery, as athletes who did not perform well enough were often tortured.

What I like about the picture is my shadow, which I didn't notice when I took it. Along with the Olympic rings, which have a black smoke mark on the right hand side, there is a certain peaceful solitude to the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home