Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Monday, February 05, 2007

The Amazing Unpredictable Internet


We had another great Sunday last night. Attendance was strong for worship, again, and it was communion Sunday.

We have an incredible chapel in which to worship; it was built by an Iraqi Christian family.

On a different note: my internet has been moving at an incredible speed this morning. Not only could I upload this picture, but I uploaded a bunch of pictures to a myspace site. Personally, I think myspace is quite tacky (sorry!), but I opened a page there, and you can view a bunch of pictures that I have uploaded. Go to: www.myspace.com/chrisiraq and under my little picture in the upper left corner, click on the link that says: "pics"

Also, I can't help mentioning that I was glad to see the Colts win the Super Bowl. You can't help but like Peyton Manning. Not sure why, but maybe it's because he looks like an average guy, and people can relate to him. Winning a Super Bowl will begin to cement the argument for him as the greatest Quarterback of all time. Plus, the Bears lost, and Vikings fans are always happy about that!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, nice pictures. If you want an easier, smoother, and overall better photo-sharing experience, you should try Flickr. It was an independent photo sharing tool, but then Yahoo bought it. It's still the same, easy-to-use program. And people can leave comments much more easily, and you can group your photos together more easily. The first 200 photos are free!

www.flickr.com

I enjoy reading your blog. Good luck in Iraq.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Greatest QB of all time?!?!?!?

I thought you were an Elway fan from way back?????

go ahead and jump on that bandwagon!

Larry

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This super bowl was perhaps the meeting of two men of integrity and very much class acts leading their teams to do what they do best--football.

Sort of like a Pastor/Chaplain leading those under him and around him to aspire to be more.

I was very much rooting for the Colts because of my longstanding admiration for the man of Tony Dungy. I was humbled a little over a year ago when, at the death of his son, he said "Knowing my son was nothing compared to his knowing Jesus Christ as his personal Savior." That says it all. I wonder, if in the same circumstance, I would be able to project such a powerful witness to Jesus? I wonder if I could keep what's truly important in perspective? Tony is a class act and I perceive from my reading that it's his relationship with Jesus Christ that drives that image.

But, then I hear the same thing about the Bears Coach--Lovie Smith I think? Why would you name your kid Lovie and can you really trust a guy named Smith? Two thoughts that come to mind immediately! :-)

I really feel for my friends who are Bears fans. They have waited so long for a victory--and they came up short. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast!

I guess there is always next year.

And, on a final note--Go Badgers!! Last I saw, #2 in NCAA. However, Mars Candy is warning it's customers to be careful when eating an M&M--apparently, if held upside down, Wisconsin is claiming a misuse of the "W" --and Mars is concerned about the many lawsuits that will follow.

PAGGS

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home