Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Monday, January 22, 2007

Some good news from Iraq

Tonight during worship, I asked for prayer requests. One of the people who attends my service is an Iraqi woman. She got up, and said she wanted to praise God for what He's doing in Iraq. In her home town, which I won't mention by name, she said a new church had opened up. She also shared some stories of Iraqis she knew coming to Christ- in different towns, which I won't mention- but, the power of her testimony was amazing. What a cool, incredible blessing it was to have an Iraqi woman testifying to the power of God at work in Iraq. As I've said before, this is the only thing which will ultimately make any kind of difference- long term difference- in this part of the world. (or, any part of the world, for that matter)

I left worship on a high note because of that... I just think of people coming to Christ in the midst of persecution, and what that might mean for Iraq. I think it's important to share some good news sometimes, with all the bad news that is going back to the states!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Chris. Thanks for sharing and starting my week off so well!

-Mark

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for some good news for a change. I am glad to hear something other than the typical negative glop dished out by the media here. Maybe there is hope.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Shane Vander Hart said...

Praise God!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Roger said...

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this. God bless!

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool. God desires to spread his message to ALL people. Maybe all the hardship and sacrifices by our soldiers and the Iraqi people is the only way for God to accomplish that.
A few weeks ago there was a report on the evening news about a neighborhood in Iraq (I don't remember the name) where Christians, Sunis and Shiaas actually do get along. One of the Moslems said he would defend his Christian neighbors if they get threatened because they all grew up together and they are like brothers to him.
Pray for all the Christians in Iraq everybody.
Sonja

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home