Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Monday, February 12, 2007

Talking About Faith


Last night we continued our sermon series on the book of Hebrews. This is the second week; last week we began by examining the Biblical definition of faith. We will go through chapter 11 in the book of Hebrews for the next 6 weeks. exploring the various characters shown for their exemplary faith. Last night, we discussed Abel and Enoch, which is an interesting start.

It was a great time of worship. The praise band really has a great sound, and we had 86 people show up- which is our largest group thus far. We have continued to grow each week. One aspect that is cool is the universal nature of the worship music; we have a very diverse congregation, with people from all over the world. One group that is largely represented is people from the Philippines. One of them remarked last night that the music was the same music they played in their church back home. As many of you know, I have remarked in this place that the music we play is the same as at my home church. It makes the world feel a lot smaller thinking of Christians around the world gathered in every place imaginable to praise God.

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

That's cool.

I know we have spoken before about this, but Kelly and I are avid Joel Osteen listeners. It is really neat to see/hear the same songs in a "megachurch" in Houston, that we sing here in Altoona, let alone on the other side of the world in the Phillipines (hope I spelled that correctly).

Chris, Joel has a free podcast now on I tunes which I subscribe to, Maybe you should see about getting one!! HAHA

Larry

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris--

In looking at the pictures of you preaching, I am reminded of a few things I really like about you:

--Your willingness to speak the truth even if it isn't popular
--The passion with which you preach
--The high level of integrity you display in your entire being
--Your preaching from the heart and not reading from a paper

Oh yeah, and the way you ironed your shirts in Mexico while watching CNN!

You are such a hoot! I miss you deeply and cannot wait to sit down in your office and debate you on whether is snowed last night or not!

PAGGS

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home