Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

One more quick post- Podcasting

I just read my last post, and I mentioned that I had sermons on my iPod. Many of you know about this (it's called Podcasting), but if not, here is a the deal: If you download the iTunes software from Apple (www.itunes.com), there are broadcasts, from sermons, to sports, to entertainment, that you can download for FREE. (most of iTunes is music and TV shows you buy, but podcasts are free). Anyway, once you have downloaded iTunes, and opened it, look for the "Music Store." Click on that, and then look for the word "Podcasts." Play with it for a while, and you'll see that you can search. If you look under Inspirational and then Christian, there are thousands of churches that have both audio and video podcasts. You don't need an iPod to listen to them! If you download the sermon, you can listen to it on your computer.

You can also subscribe to the church podcats, and once you do, it will automatically download a new one when they're available (but you have to open the iTunes software first). I have subscribed to a number of them, including: Mars Hill Vodcast (video...it's a church from Seattle), Lutheran Church of Hope (audio, West Des Moines), The Harbor (audio from a very cool LCMC church from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina), and a few others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home