Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Post Ministry

It's been a little slow lately, with the hurry up and wait, but yesterday and today, I've been able to start doing some ministry on post. The Post Chaplain asked me to do a chapel service last night for small unit that didn't have a chaplain, and it was such a blessing to be able to preach- something I haven't done for about 6 weeks! Also, today I got a list of units to visit, and will do that throughout the week. It'll be nice to spend some time doing ministry this week, in a way I haven't been able to since getting here.

We're in a unique situation, as a two man chaplain detachment, in that we won't have a unit or base to which we can minister until we get overseas. If I was deploying with a battalion, with several hundred soldiers, I'd be busy already with counseling, leading chapel services and the like. With just the two of us, however, most of our ministry will not really start until we get overseas. But being able to work with some of the smaller units over the coming days will be a great blessing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark True said...

Glad to hear that you're back doing what you love, Chris. Building Christians is so much better than building muscles!

We're missing you.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home