Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fourth of July

Well, tomorrow is the Fourth of July. It's a blessing to be celebrating it while I am preparing to deploy. Here are some observations and encouragements:

1) This is a great country we have. Please don't forget that as you celebrate tomorrow. Don't let the media, or anyone else, convince you that this isn't the greatest country ever. Ignore people like Michael Moore, Al Franken, John Murtha, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, and so many others, who always give the benefit of the doubt to the terrorist before our nation, or its soldiers. I've been to 48 of the 50 states, as well as 13 other countries, and I can say that the US is a great nation.

2) Remember Vietnam. We gave up, because of pressure from the public. To this day the Vietnamese suffer oppression, religious persecution, and so many terrible things. Contrast that with South Korea, and the fact that we still have soldiers there- and that nation is blessed because of it.

3) Soldier morale: don't believe what you hear in the media. Soldiers are feeling great. I am at a mobilization center with soldiers deploying to go overseas. They are excited, they love this nation, and their morale is NOT down. I can't tell you how many I have met who are volunteering to go back to Iraq or Afghanistan. Our US Army is doing well.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have sent me emails regarding the 4th of July. Enjoy it. This is a great country, with a great military, and it's OK to recognize and celebrate that!
God bless,
Chris

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris-It is nice to read your posts, although I miss you, we know you are going to do awesome work overseas. Tom and I will keep up reading your blogs and make sure to keep Mary Ann and the boys company :)
Love you and miss you.

Your Sis-Margit and her hubby-your bro-in-law, Tom

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
Love the blog site and love you . Great photos. Thanks for keeping us posted . You're in my prayers and on every prayer list that I have access to . I know you are in good hands

Love ,
Diane

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home