Google

Pro Deo Et Patria- An Army Chaplain

I am a chaplain in the US Army, serving in Iraq. I'm keeping a blog to share my thoughts and experiences while deployed. They are my thoughts and they don't necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Army! :)

Sunday, August 27, 2006

On the Throne


This is a picture of me sitting on Saddam's "throne" in the palace. Above my head you can see a miniature depiction of the Al Aqsa Mosque, in Jerusalem, which stands where the Jewish Temple used to stand. On the throne, it apparently reads: ""Victory is from God and soon we will retake Jerusalem." Saddam was fixated on retaking Jerusalem and did things such as paying the families of Palestinian suicide bombers after they would blow themselves up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing a man has such a high opinion of his worth to have a chair designed for himself as this one. I can only imagine the cost to have it made. Small wonder his country is in the shape it is when he cared more for the comfort of his tush than the needs of his people. Stay safe Pal, Rick J
GO Stars.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home